What you'll learn:
- A solid foundation in all aspects of autism to help you understand your autistic child
- Pre-learning questionnaire: You complete an online survey before you begin.
- Narrated Presentation: You watch, read and listen to the learning materials.
- Animations: Unique, charming, sweet animations based around the central character, The Girl With The Curly Hair, and her experiences in different situations.
- Visuals and infographics: No plain writing!
- Reflections: You reflect on central questions about the topic and record your thoughts in the assignments.
- Questions: Answer questions to check your understanding along the way.
- Notes: Print a set of summary course notes for your records.
- Certificate of completion: Download and print a certificate for your CV or learning development.
This course was written, created and narrated by autistic author and founder of The Curly Hair Project, Alis Rowe.
What is it Like to Have Autism?
Recognise which parts of your child’s personality and their behaviours might be influenced by their autism. See the world through your child’s eyes.
Autism & Anxiety
How anxiety differs for your autistic child and how to help them feel less anxious.
Autism & Socialising
Understand how autism might affect your child’s experiences of socialising. Gain ideas on how to help your child make friends and manage relationships.
Autism & Sensory Processing
Learn how the senses (touch, taste, smell, hearing, sight, balance, body awareness) are affected in your autistic child.
Autism & Communication
Improve communication with your autistic child.
Autism & Executive Function
Learn how your child might be affected by executive function (the skills needed to plan, stay organised, be efficient, prioritise, etc.) and ideas on how to improve these skills and help your child be more productive and independent.