The curly hair project is a social enterprise based in the UK, which aims to help people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their loved ones. All our work is based on personal, real life examples and experience.
The services and products we provide are:
- Books and eBooks
- Podcasts and videos
- Counselling with an ASD-experienced counsellor
- Workshops for individuals and families
- Training for professionals
- Social media feeds
How it came to be
The curly hair project was founded by Alis Rowe, who has ASD but wasn’t diagnosed until adulthood. She spent her whole life feeling really isolated and ‘different’ and doesn’t want anyone else to have these feelings. The work is very important.
Autism and females
Lots of people are quite unaware of how autism presents in women. There are lots of women out there struggling and they perhaps don’t know why. Alis being open about it has already helped thousands of girls and women and their families around the world.
The curly hair project resources are:
- a part of The NHS Healthy London Partnership
- on the recommended reading list for GPs
- on the recommended reading list for people post-diagnosis
- used by psychiatrists, GPs, psychologists, counsellors and other health professionals worldwide
- used by teachers and support staff
- endorsed by the leading psychologist in ASD, Professor Tony Attwood
Can you print a poster out and put it up somewhere for us? Download an A4 black and white poster
If you’d like to donate to us, please click the button below:
If you can spare £2.99 per month regularly, you can have access to helpful, original articles by Alis on a range of interesting subjects. Subscribe to the blog