What you'll learn:
- A solid foundation in all aspects of autism to help you understand your autistic patient
- Pre-learning questionnaire: You complete an online survey before you begin.
- Narrated Presentation: You watch, read and listen to the learning materials.
- Animations: Unique, charming, sweet animations based around the central character, The Girl With The Curly Hair, and her experiences in different situations.
- Visuals and infographics: No plain writing!
- Reflections: You reflect on central questions about the topic and record your thoughts in the assignments.
- Questions: Answer questions to check your understanding along the way.
- Notes: Print a set of summary course notes for your records.
- Certificate of completion: Download and print a certificate for your CV or learning development.
This course was written, created and narrated by autistic author and founder of The Curly Hair Project, Alis Rowe.
What is it Like to Have Autism?
Experience what it’s like to be autistic. Real, personal insight!
Autism & Anxiety
How anxiety differs for autistic people and how to support them.
Autism & Socialising
Understand how autism affects a person’s experiences of socialising.
Autism & Sensory Processing
Learn how the senses are affected in autistic people.
Autism & Communication
Improve communication with the autistic person you love or work with.
Autism & Executive Function
Learn how executive function is affected in autistic people and how to improve it.