What you'll learn:
- To better understand your autistic child
- To better support your autistic child
- To better help your autistic child support themselves
- Pre-learning questionnaire: You complete an online survey before you begin.
- Narrated Presentation: You watch, read and listen to the learning materials.
- Animations: Unique, charming, sweet animations based around the central character, The Girl With The Curly Hair, and her experiences in different situations.
- Visuals and infographics: No plain writing!
- Reflections: You reflect on central questions about the topic and record your thoughts in the assignments.
- Questions: Answer questions to check your understanding along the way.
- Notes: Print a set of summary course notes for your records.
- Certificate of completion: Download and print a certificate for your CV or learning development.
This course was written, created and narrated by autistic author and founder of The Curly Hair Project, Alis Rowe.
Autism & Anxiety
Does your child have a tendency to feel worried, nervous or anxious?
Do you want to know how you can help your child feel less anxious?
Do you want to teach your child how to support themselves?
Do you realise that anxiety for autistic children is different?
Autism & Socialising
Does your child struggle to make friends?
Does your child have friends but struggles to maintain the relationships?
Does your child feel lonely, misunderstood or isolated?
Are you concerned that your child spends too much time alone?
Autism & Communication
Does your child struggle to communicate or talk?
Do you have trouble communicating with your child?
Do you want to have less misunderstandings with your child?
Do you want to have a stronger connection with your child?