Do you want to help people and change their lives?
Are you on the autistic spectrum or do you have a loved one with ASD?
Do you love the work of Alis Rowe and the curly hair project?
Do you want to improve understanding of autism in a sensitive, caring, empathetic manner?
You could be an Associate Trainer!
By joining us, you will be part of a friendly team dedicated to providing heart-felt, very personal insight, and teaching simple, easy strategies that can change lives and really make a difference to people.
You will be well supported and provided with materials and training.
Current opportunities: South West England, London, South East England, East England, North West England, North East England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Commit to running at least one CHP training event per month
- Learn our materials in your own time and at your own cost. This includes reading our books, subscribing to our website, and following us on social media
- We like our Trainers to be very efficient and organised, setting up events well in advance, replying to emails promptly and keeping us informed of calendar updates etc.
- Ensure that the content delivery is practised and fluent, and “on-brand” with the CHP
- Professionally represent the CHP at all times, with passion and enthusiasm
Knowledge, skills and abilities (essential)
- Have a proven track record (2+ years) of teaching or training groups
- Lived experience of autism in yourself, your family or your work
- An authentic, natural delivery style
- Professional communication skills including speaking, networking, presenting and writing
- Trainable – not “set in your ways”, open to feedback, performance improvement and coaching
- An interest in helping others
- Well organised – it makes life a lot easier if Trainers are good with planning and administration
- Have at least 1 day per month for training + additional time for planning, marketing and administration
- Won’t be relying on us for an income at least at the start – have a successful income stream already, and CHP is extra
- Excellent work history with references
- Willing to put in the time to learn our materials
- You can drive and have access to a car
Desirable skills (if above in place)
- Happy to travel
- Be proficient with using the internet and Microsoft Office
- Able to adapt training programmes for bespoke purposes based on existing work
- Used to communicating with all sorts of people – from Professionals to Parents to Autistic Individuals
Can you help our cause?
If you are interested, please send your CV ensuring you highlight the particular skills and qualities that meet the needs of the role, together with your geographical location and specifying whether you are able to work weekends, evenings and daytimes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this is a freelance/self-employment role, which means you will not be employed by the curly hair project.